Southend-based singer/songwriter Geoffrey Kursaal has dreamed about grabbing the ‘Number 1’ spot in the Christmas Singles and Albums charts since he was a young boy – 2015 may well be his year! A Very Southend Christmas has already sold 5.4m copies since it’s launch on 1st December, and its flagship single is about to change the festive music landscape forever.
While Adele has decided to keep her ’25’ album away from streaming services, Geoffrey will be keeping his music available everywhere, and this album includes:
– I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (Under The Pier)
– Carol Of The Bell
– Mistletoe & Winos (A High Street Xmas)
– O Christmas Tree (On The Floor)
– Santa Claus Can’t Park Anywhere
– Grandma Got Run Over Crossing The A127
– Darren The Red Nosed Reindeer
– All I Want For Christmas, Is Everything (A Leigh Yuletide)
– Away Shared Space Danger
– Little Wonky (The Ballad Of The Millennium Clock)
Geoffrey hopes that the included single, A Christmas Fairytale Of York Road, takes the top spot on the big day. The powerful tune is a tale of romance when two people discover an enchanted mattress outside a dilapidated guest house, and they use its powers to stop a wealthy foreign investor from converting their rented two-bed house into a HMO for seventeen families.
Keep an ear on the chart show on December 25th to see if Geoffrey fulfils his life-long dream.
LIKE SOUTHEND NEWS NETWORK FOR THE LATEST ‘NEWS’ HEADLINES